Sadly I can’t afford to buy things like I used, because I had to quit my job due to health problems so I gotta make my money stretch. Thank god for my student grant! Now I love a bargain, so it’s not too hard on me.
- Places for my bargains:
- – T.K.Maxx – How I adore thee. I could spend hour’s in there, and never get bored. When in there I always head to the beauty section, and then check the beauty clearance section. If anyone loves Nails inc polishes T.K.Maxx is the place to go; A box of 3 are usually £10.00/£12.00 depending on the store, and for a box of 4 £15.99. My most recent nail buys from there have been a set of 3 Models own polishes for £7.00. In boots they retail for £5.00 each. Sally Hansen salon effects that I used for Halloween. They were £4.00. They did have the neon ones in clearance for £2.00, but I’m not big on neon. My best bargain from there has to be my Corioliss travel hairdyer I got for £3.00!!! They retail for £20-25.00, and the quality is really great. I believe you have T.J.Maxx in America am I right?
– Beauty warehouse – When I can lend someones card that is. It’s heaven for O.P.I lovers. Once the VAT has been put on they work out to £5.85 each which isn’t bad if you ask me. I pay £7.00 in the sale from the nearest beauty salon that stocks them. The warehouse also sells huge Sinful polishes, and Attitude polishes. So if you can get hold of a membership card to a warehouse head there.
– Boots – Throughout the year Boots give out vouchers. They contain two offers, usually one for glasses and one for beauty brands worth £5.00. This year I’ve noticed they only offer the beauty brand on No7 beauty. It used to include Ruby & Millie, not that it bothers me because I’ve always used them on No7. With the voucher they cost me around £1.50. This is how I’ve accumulated all my No7 polishes and how I can afford the brands stupidly expensive make-up remover wipes. I find No7 polishes great personally, and long-lasting. On the website they have dropped in price it seems to £5.50.
– Ebay – Who doesn’t use Ebay?! The only problem I have lately is I keep forgetting an items ending even if I checked 10 minutes before the ending time :/ My brain *le sigh*. I tend to buy Orly and O.P.I off Ebay mostly.
– Pound shop/pound world – My new favorite place to scout out high street beauty brands. Depending on the stock they have that is. I have seen them stock Maybelline, Revlon, Rimmel, Sally Hansen and Sinful colours nail polishes. Obviously they aren’t going to every colour going, but often have in old collections. Who can moan for a £1.00, not me certainly. Both shops seemed to stock Sally Hansen: Insta-dri fall 2011 collection about a month ago so I grabbed the ones I wanted.
– Magazines – Here in the U.K monthly magazines sometimes give away free nail polish with the magazines. Now my fiancé must be psychic, because he came home with 4 Glamour magazines; each had 1 of 4 Nails inc exclusive shades for Glamour magazine. He knows me all too well, I wasn’t aware they were out. Instyle in July I think it was had 3 exclusive Nails inc shades. I’m guessing Nails inc must do it every 4 months for different magazines. I have also got a misguided polish from a magazine too. In the photo below the shades on the back are the previous shades given away, and on the front are the new shades available now. I will be swatching the new shades.